14th Joint IOS/APB/EACES Summer Academy on Central and Eastern Europe
Organized by the Leibniz Institute for East and Southeast European Studies (IOS Regensburg) in cooperation with the Akademie für Politische Bildung Tutzing (APB) and the European Association for Comparative Economic Studies (EACES)
Call for papers
Gender inequality in Central and Eastern Europe: Labor market in focus
Date: July 4–6, 2022
Location: APB Tutzing / Online ZOOM
We invite junior scholars (Ph.D. students and Postdocs) from economics, sociology and cognate disciplines to submit extended abstracts or full papers. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Labor market participation of women and men
- Gender wage gap, motherhood penalty, gender discriminating practices
- Gender inequalities in paid and unpaid work
- Labor migration of women and men
- Gender differences in life course transitions (e.g., transitions from education to work, transitions to parenthood, leaving the parental home)
Preference will be given to papers focusing on Central and Eastern Europe and the post-Soviet countries.
Confirmed keynote speakers:
- Ariane Pailhé (French National Demographic Institute (Ined), France)
- Norberto Pignatti (ISET, Tbilisi State University, Georgia)
- Irena Kogan (University of Mannheim, Germany)
Submissions should include a short CV and an extended abstract (maximum 2000 words) or a full paper. Please send all documents in one pdf file to email@example.com
Submission deadline: April 30, 2022.
Accepted participants will be notiﬁed by May 15, 2022. Full accepted papers are expected by June 1, 2022.
The IOS/APB/EACES Summer Academies on Central and Eastern Europe aim to bring together Ph.D. students and Postdocs in a workshop atmosphere. The workshop language is English. The Hans Raupach Award will honor the author(s) of a paper of exceptional merit.
Further information on the program and past summer academies is available at:Events